The Electrical Permit can be used for any electrical work to be done at your residence or business.

If your electric meter has been pulled you will have to apply for a permit so that an electrical inspection can be done by the building inspector.  Once the building inspector has approved of the work, the City will contact Center Point Energy and release your permit.  You will then need to contact your electrical provider and request that your electrical meter be reset.

If you should have any questions, please contact City Hall at 979-265-2082.

Electrical requirements are subject to the latest edition of the National Electrical Code Handbook.

If you have Adobe Reader, you are welcome to download the appropriate permit and fill in all applicable information.

Electrical Permit